Translate

Saturday 16 February 2019

Martian Canal Barges-Jan 2019

No not the sort of canal barges that first came to your mind. This are the flying sort found on Mars.

Some times when larger cargo vessels can't dock at the cloudship port and don't want to wait they hire a barge and crew to unload their cargo. Sometimes merchants hire a barge to collect merchandise they are expecting.

While steam engines could be added to these it doesn't make much sense for craft that travels short distances and doesn't require need for great speed.



I will need to add more weight to the barges rears as they don't balance on the stands. Maybe something inside the power housing. I don't know how I want to do the base. I may even get a clear plastic one?



While some may of been converted must are powered by a hand power screw.

I've added my Aphid to give a bit more scale



The mdf kits come from Blotz Terrian in the UK.

I had hoped for some nice shots of clear sky behind the Aphid but today all my neighbours had to start to cut their grass for the first time this year. AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I like the stands on the barge. Would the aphid need to do inspections of cargo to look for weapon smuggling into an allied city headed by an unpopular leader?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely canal barges!
    (But that Aphid steals my heart every time you show it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't disagree Paul the Bumble Bee is a true joy just to look at.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dave. The stands came with the mdf kits from Blitz Terrain. I'm planning on playing them as short distance crafts powered by Martian sweat through a crank handle system. I see them as unloading cargo from larger cloudships to warehouses etc.

    Though that doesn't stop them being inspected are arms or other contraband items in British territories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi where did your Aphid come from? looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jason, The Aphid was a commission built by the most excellent people at Oshiro Model Terrain www.oshiromodelterrain.co.uk .Thank you for your interest.

    ReplyDelete